5 Apr 2008

Thursday. Yali.

I´ll let a website that got there first show you the main square, the church and a couple of other views...




It´s very small, and after 2 days I was already recognising faces. Gustavo (at the Co-op, coordinating classes) explained much more that first evening we were there, and helped us find a room at the HOTEL YALI - and here is my evidence that every day has not been a Best Western day. Photos of shower and sink - my room was off to the right.


And, a small misunderstanding nearly led to us not staying there at all... Just as we were doing the deal to agree the rooms, there was a short power cut. We decided to go off to get some food, and then ended up staying out a bit longer to drink beer (tasty, 2 kinds, goes down well in hot weather) and talk about Gustavo and his part in the revolution. Maggejo, he and I enjoyed talking about history, and putting the world to rights, so much that we didn´t get back til - ooh, 10pm... The place was locked up with no one in sight! Much knocking on windows ensued, employing the help of the little man with a big gun guarding the place too. I have a feeling when I get back to Yali my days are going to start early and be over at sundown...




No comments: