15 Apr 2008

"Infraestructura? No hay..."

Well. I awoke this morning to find I had quite a few flea bites. A new phenomenon, and I have a suspicion that I know how they got there... I also found a mouse poo, in my bed, and a few more on the window sill. I am of the opinion that the heavy rain drove a little chap in through my glass-less window last night, and he brought with him fleas as a gift. And left them. I'm dealing with this, practically and mentally, and no es el fin del mundo but it looks to be one of those days cos I also had a spanish lesson in which I found out that there doesn´t appear to be a system in place, with either charity or government help, to pay families a sum of money to foster children. This was in a conversation about a song we´d listened too about street children... and we´d got to that subject through talking about the big glue sniffing problem amongst very young working children.

So, my flea problem is in perspective, but somehow I don't feel better. And I long for the nonsense conversations in offices in Tower Hamlets about infrastructure organisations. At least we have one to talk shit about.

2 comments:

Cath said...

Good to hear there's so much in common shared between Tower Hamlets and Nicaragua. Mice, glue sniffing children, poor infrastructure, men with "curtains" hairstyles. It must almost feel like home!

sudders said...

Hey guapa,

No mice here! I haven't found any poo in the bed yet anyway. Mice or otherwise.

BTW, if we're gonna do a Madonna I don't think we should be claiming any money from the Nicaraguan govt anyway!

Speak soon x