13 Apr 2008

To school and back again

Lots of last week was spent walking up and down the same road to school and back. And studying. Studying is tedious and doesn't make good copy, and Luke has told me "we need more, and better, photos on the blog"... so here goes.


Journey starts here, just outside my house - and there's a lovely big yellow US reject sitting there too. Then I walk 6 blocks down this road...
















You should just be able to make out a little white sign above the road - that`s the turning where my school is. How exciting! And, every day, I walk past....














THE FARMER'S MARKET!! El Mercado Campesino. Who have good avocados. And then, I sit and have a lesson with someone like Wilcon here. Who is pretending to look studious because of the photo but is very friendly.




And, just for good measure, here's another bus. They look good don't they. In actual fact they and the roads combined are so bumpy that a good sports bra is necessary. And you do leave your seat.
That'll do I think. Must study! I'm trying to stay calm but it's hard when I know in a week I'm going to have to use it to teach... and I still struggle over the simplest of things. Hey ho. Vale la pena as they say...

No comments: