16 Jun 2008

The Bus.

I have become more aware of what people are saying these days. First sign was when I heard on the radio in a taxi that a chicken bomb had exploded somewhere in Nicaragua. I checked with the guy, but yes, I wasn’t hearing things. I think I cam across a little surprised, so the guy started explaining how sometimes people hide explosives in things when they want to make a bomb ‘escondido’. Yup, I’m aware of that concept, I’m from London I just think that our terrorists have moved beyond the size of a chicken already. Perhaps the size of a cow.


And then on the same day, after hopping off taxi into bus,I finally was able to understand the majority of what Bible Guy had to say as he had our rapt attention waiting for the bus to leave. “Brothers I wish you are having a very pleasant journey here on this day today. Esteemed brothers and sisters please spare a moment of your time to listen to the word of God… As it says in the bible chapter blah verse blah…” and up behind him comes a tough looking woman wearing an apron and holding a big bucket shouting “Enchiladas Enchiladas Enchiladas…” Bible Guy barely misses a beat and continues reading from his battered leather tome as she sells her wares. And we the passengers get food: for the belly and for the soul. If we pay.









Many people have been far more brazen in their travels than me (surprise surprise) so if you put “nicaragua bus” in YouTube you can see their offerings and get more of a feel than simply my words. If you are bored in your constant- internet-constant-electricity lives! Actually.... Lets create a little link on the left hand side shall we... Hey Presto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expect the unexpected...... Best warn the neighbours to step up security round their budgie......
D.

sudders said...

What a fancypants bus! Why is only far off countries and the Dumball which treat vehicles as canvases?

L x