29 Jul 2008

It wasn´t Canyoneering




















Wikipedia describes canyoneering and canyoning as technical descents, so I don´t think I can tick either of them off the list but I did climb down some quite big slippery old rocks at the mouth of Somoto canyon and then swim in my clothes when I didn´t have a change of clothes with me.

















Oh yes. Danger is now my middle name. Or Indiana Rebs, someone else suggested. This was verified by a quick look in the Footprints guide on our return to Esteli... Good heavens I´m extreme.




We also waded through the river 4 times there and back, that took all the concentration I had as was very stony and unstable. But SO beautiful!

1 comment:

sudders said...

Well done! Very jealous. Maybe Robert was right... (only joking).

Classic Nica t-shirt your mans wearing there too.

L x